Is Jakob Improving? Rabat, LA, Lex Young HS Record, and LOADED 5k in Florence
It was a jam-packed weekend with the LA Grand Prix on Friday and Saturday, the Rabat Diamond League on Sunday, and NCAA Regional.
Jakob Ingebrigtsen is still king of the 1500, but is he still improving? Abdihamid Nur got a big win but will he even make the US team this year? Lex Young broke the high school 5000m record, but he's not the fastest 18-year-old training in America.
If you want more Hobbs Kessler and Rabat talk you need to be a LetsRun Supporters Club Member. Get a 2nd podcast every week, including a live Diamond League recap show this week. Plus save on running shoes. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
- Show notes:
- 00:00 Banter
- 05:50 5k in LA Abdihamid Nur falls and still wins race
- 16:19 Lex Young breaks high school 5000m record
- 20:14 Meet the 18-year-old faster than the Youngs *Thread
- 29:52 Rabat 1500: - The Elephant in the room - Is Jakob not improving?
- 40:01 Why was Jakob looking over his shoulder? *Video
- 46:23 Is it panic time for Bowerman women?
- 53:20 NCAA regionals
- 57:49 Whose double is harder Britton Wilson's or Katelyn Tuohy's?
- 01:02:35 Intern Alex- false start in 5k
- 01:12:38 Voicemail of the week (on intern Alex)
- 01:21:54 Was LA meet a success?
- 01:34:04 Amazing HS State Meet Results
- 01:38:28 Kara Goucher's contracts
- 01:40:00 Diamond League Florence- Loaded 5k on Friday w Grant Fisher
- Links: Jakob Video *Yared Video
- LA Friday - Nur Falls and Wins, Young HS Record
- LA Saturday: Cheruiyot and Kessler, Crouser and Rest of Meet
- Rabat Recao: Jakob over Yared
- The ELEPHANT in the Room about Jakob: He has stopped Improving
- False Start in 5k
- Amazing HS State Meet Results Thread - 2023 Edition
- Niels Laros 18 yo runs 13:23 5K!!
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/3a68833c-4753-4829-89eb-8350662cf347
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.