Millrose Games Delivered, Athing Mu Drops Out, Alberto Salazar Banned for Alleged Sexual Assault
The 2022 Millrose Games delivered on the promise. Cole Hocker and Cooper Teare got beat by Geordie Beamish as the OAC had a tremendous day.
Athing Mu dropped out of a mile she had no business thinking she might win.
We break it all down and then discuss the shocking and dark news that SafeSport banned Alberto Salazar because they ruled he committed a sexual assault.
(Sponsor) DrinkLMNT Free Sample Pack Get electrolytes without the junk - No sugar, no artificial flavors. Go to DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun and for $5 shipping get a free Drink LMNT sample pack of 6 flavors. If you don't like it Wejo (email@example.com) will refund your money. Hydrate smarter in 2022.
- Show notes:
- 0:00 Drink LMNT Special Offer https://drinklmnt.com/letsrun
- 1:15 Start and banter
- 7:49 Millrose Recap: OAC the big winner?! Men's 3k Geordie Beamish delivered, Cooper Teare and Cole Hocker
- 27:50 Ajee' Wilson
- 30:08 LRC Coaches Tour Mark Coogan: The New Balance Track may be the fastest and best indoor track in the world and it opens March 1
- 33:57 Athing Mu Drops Out of Mile
- 45:15 Colby Alexander impresses
- 53:27 Hobbs Kessler unimpressive
- 57:37 Who will have the better career: Cole Hocker or Josh Kerr?
- 64:50 Brooke Feldmeier world leader in 800
- 68:26 Alexa Efraimson 4:29 Mile
- 72:46 Is Tinman Elite back?
- 78:56 SafeSport ruled Alberto Salazar committed sexual assault
- More Links: 2018 World indoors men’s 3k
- There is LITERALLY no other 19-year old American woman alive right now who can do what Athing Mu just did today for 1409 meter
- Athing Mu just DROPPED OUT of the women's mile and showed her true greatness. I love her even more!!!!
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Join our Supporters Club and take your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/4bd5f98e-6677-458f-a851-199f0952e512