Keitany Retires, Suspicious Sprint Times, Flojo, Bekele in Berlin, Super Shoe Study, Jordan Hasay, and the Guy Trying to Make Running Shoes in France
Florent Beng of Relance is our guest
We take you around the running world and then talk to Florent Beng (65:35), the co-founder of Relance, the running shoe company actually making a running shoe in France. (It's super stylish, has red, white and blue colors, and its kickstarter is here). Review of shoe by Japan Running here.
Trayvon Bromell and Ferdinand Omanyala ran fast in Kenya and that got us into some Omanyala, Marcell Jacobs, and Flojo talk. Then we turned to marathon news and the retirement of legend Mary Keitany, before discussing Kenenisa Bekele's chances in Berlin this weekend. Then a little Jordan Hasay and Boston talk, a New York update and our talk with Florent Beng.
Get Electrolytes without the junk: DrinkLMNT special offer: Get a free sample pack of DrinkLMNT with 6 different flavors for only $5 shipping. Wejo will personally refund your $5 if you don't like this stuff. DrinkLMNT is electrolytes without the junk. No sugar, no artificial flavors, yet it tastes great. DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun
- Show notes and links:
- 4:42 Trayvon Bromell 9.76, Ferdinand Omanyala 9.77
- 8:00 Marcell Jacobs and Omanyala in 2022?
- 13:31 Flojo and what Rojo learned on the forums this week Thread: Hasn't Bobby Kersee been thought to drug his athletes in the past? If so, why are we giving Syd a pass?
- 22:29 Marathon legend Mary Keitany retires
- 31:05 Could Babe Ruth hit today?
- 33:29 Shalane Flanagan running all 6 WMM
- 37:08 Berlin Marathon this week: Can Bekele challenge WR
- 45:50 New super shoe study shows not all super shoes are equal (graphics here)
- 57:20 Jordan Hasay trying to get in shape and the LetsRun doubters
- 63:17 Fanny packs at NYC Maratho
- 65:35 Florent Beng co-founder of Relance, the running shoe company making a (super stylish) running shoe in France. Kickstarter here
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Join our Supporters Club and taken your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/50bd7de3-4a31-4001-b948-8d01dac5ec84