Grant Fisher (Guest) American Record Podcast
America's new distance superstar Grant Fisher joins us to talk all about his 12:53 5,000 and 26:33 10,000m American records.
What was Grant's mindset heading into the race, during the race, and where does he go from here? When did the record attempts come about, how tough is it to join Jerry Schumacher's Bowerman Track Club, has he heard from Galen Rupp and a ton more?
Join the LetsRun.com Supporters Club today and use code CLUB25 to save 25%.
Get Electrolytes Without the Junk or Sugar- Try a free Drink LMNT Sample Pack Today No sugar, no artificial flavors. Go to DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun and for $5 shipping get a free Drink LMNT sample pack of 6 flavors. If you don't like it Wejo (firstname.lastname@example.org) will refund your money. Hydrate smarter in 2022.
- Show notes:
- 0:00 LetsRun.com Red, White and (Navy) Blue shirts are here https://shop.letsrun.com/
- 1:00 DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun (ad) - Electrolytes without the junk
- 1:43 The record, how it came about
- 10:29 Woody Kincaid's pacing / wavelight
- 17:32 Grant's mindset in race
- 21:46 What happens after the race, celebrating on the beach?
- 24:34 Rojo asks about drugs
- 30:05 Has he heard from Galen Rupp?
- 35:24 Super spikes
- 39:54 5k or 10k?
- 47:17 Tokyo Olympics
- 50:59 How tough is it joining Bowerman and the story of the ugly duckling
- 59:56 Is Jerry Schumacher a control freak?
- 62:58 Where's Centro?
- Remember: https://drinklmnt.com/letsrun
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Join our Supporters Club and take your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe?from=public
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/904ecaab-f7bd-4697-a732-0eeb736c3a72
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.