Grant Fisher 26:33 American Record, Kipchoge Still King, Kosgei 2:16, Cranny Comes Close, Rupp 7th
What a weekend. Grant Fisher has run 26:33 for 10,000m, Elise Cranny 30:14, Eliud Kipchoge is still the king, Brigid Kosgei may be the queen, Emily Sisson is still crushing the roads, Nico Montanez gets his first national title while Galen Rupp is only 7th. We break it all down, plus the usual banter.
Get a free Drink LMNT Sample Pack Get electrolytes without the junk - No sugar, no artificial flavors. Go to DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun and for $5 shipping get a free Drink LMNT sample pack of 6 flavors. If you don't like it Wejo (email@example.com) will refund your money. Hydrate smarter in 2022.
Show notes below.
Join our Supporters Club and take your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe?from=public
- Ad https://drinklmnt.com/letsrun
- Start - Banter, what a weekend. Rojo victory lap
- 8:42 Grant Fisher's 26:33
- 14:18 Fisher's medal chances
- 25:42 Is Fisher the next Rupp?
- 30:16 Fisher finishes in lane 4 and Worlds final is at 1pm
- 35:38 Elise Cranny 30:14 10,000m US #2 ever, pacers, wavelight
- 48:35 Everyone else in 10,000 including bball, tennis, and track star Sarah Lancaster getting Worlds standard
- 55:06 Eliud Kipchoge 2:02:40 Tokyo Marathon win
- 64:17 Brigid Kosgei runs 2:16:02 to go with her 2:14 and enter GOAT talk
- 73:06 We still don't know what qualifying standards for USA 10,000m are
- 81:53 Go to World Indoors and stay in Jon and Rojo's Air BnB
- 83:36 Mondo Duplantis 6.19 World record in pole vault
- 87:00 Ukraine sending team to World indoors
- 90:05 Emily Sisson dominates US 15k champs and will skip track season. Will she end year as American record holder in marathon?
- 95:19 Nico Montanez wins men's title - nice win for Mammoth TC, Galen Rupp 7th
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Join our Supporters Club and take your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/cdffcf68-436a-4269-b3ab-99b6ffafed44
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.