Who would you rather be (Josh Kerr or Jake Wightman)? Paris Olympic standards announced, Solinsky to Oregon?
Diana Kipyokei is officially out as Boston Marathon champ and Edna Kiplagat is in as a two-time champ. Is Chris Solinsky in as an Oregon coach?
The Fake Josh Kerr calls in, we discuss the new Olympic qualifying standards, and who would you rather be Josh Kerr (Olympic bronze medallist) or Jake Wightman (World Champ)?
Plus of course a little World Cup talk. Show notes below.
Looking for the perfect last-second gift? TheRunnerBox.com is what you need. (Photo here). You get over $50 of hand picked running goods delivered to your door every other month for as little as $29. Use code LETSRUN22 or this special link to save $10.
Give the gift of LetsRun. Long-sleeve shirts and Supporters Club memberships can be given as gifts. shop.letsrun.com
- Show notes:
- 1:34 Great last second gift- The Runner Box.com *use this link to save $10
- 5:04 World Cup celebrations (video, 2) / what if they refused to take the penalty kicks?
- 13:00 How fast could Messi run a 5k?
- 18:41 Fake Josh Kerr talks Seth Demoor
- 22:00 Chall Hall (Ryan's brother) 62:45 half marathon, Josh Kerr 63:45
- 27:09 Reminder Jake Wightman won Worlds!
- 29:17 Who would you rather be Jake Wightman (World Champ) or Josh Kerr (Olympic bronze medallist)?
- 34:50 Paris Olympic qualifying standards announced - who is fine and who gets screwed? *article
- 47:11 Will standards diminish importance of Olympic Track Trials in US?
- 51:54 USATF bungled disqualifying Olympic marathon trials bid from Chattanooga because of conflict of interest LRC article RW article
- 66:47 Breaking - Edna Kiplagat won the 2021 Boston Marathon (because of drug suspension)
- 71:02 Thread: Jimmy Gressier goes ballistic when he learns Turkish/Kenyan Kaya doped
- 77:56 Chris Solinsky going to coach at Oregon?
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week (the Friday 15 - which is usually much more than 15 minutes), savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Check out the LetsRun.com store. https://shop.letsrun.com/ We've got the softest running shirts in the business.
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Support LetsRun.com's Track Talk by contributing to their tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/letsrun
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/fc111876-09a4-44d4-890a-a1954c7f344f
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.