(Guest) Michael Johnson, Brosnan OUT at UCLA, High Schooler run 9.89, Marathon Trials at Noon, Bol cleared
Michael Johnson, the Olympic legend joins us on the anniversary of his 19.32 200m world record Olympic gold medal run from the 1996 Olympics to talk all things track and field at the 66:49 mark. What event is he most excited about (hint: Sha’Carri Richardson is in it), what does he think of Syndey McLaughlin-Levrone and Noah Lyles and why isn’t track more popular in the US?
Prior to Michael joining us, we break down Sean Brosnan being ousted at UCLA, the Olympic Marathon Trials being held at noon in Orlando, Pete Bol being cleared, 18-year-old Issam Asinga running 9.89 and discuss which athlete we most want to know is clean or dirty?
Show notes below.
- Show notes:
- 00:00 Sick of your cable company? Get faster internet today? https://www.letsrun.com/fiber
- 01:31 Start
- 04:19 Sean Brosnan OUT at UCLA after one year *Thread
- 15:14 Post of Week
- 15:47 Fair or foul? Olympic Trials Marathon to be at noon in Orlando *link
- 29:01 Thread of Week: You’re granted a one-time use magical power to know with 100% certainty if a T&F athlete used any PEDs. Who would you choose?
- 40:18 Peter Bol cleared of testing positive for EPO
- 50:09 Issam Asinga 9.89 100m World U20 and US high school record
- 56:15 Great 1500 at Spanish Champs
- 01:00:48 Good news for Nuguse?
- 01:06:49 Michael Johnson Guest
- 01:08:28 27th anniversary of 19.32 200m WR Olympic gold run
- 01:20:35 The gold shoes
- 01:24:29 Michael on 2023 sprinters
- 01:29:49 Michael on Sydney
- 01:35:03 Michael on Men’s 400 and Wayde van Niekerk and Steven Gardiner
- 01:41:46 Michael on men’s 200
- 01:46:13 Will Noah Lyles ever win an Olympic gold medal? Is Rojo crazy?
- 01:51:40 Michael defends Noah
- 01:55:18 Why is track more popular in the UK than US?
- 02:00:26 What’s Michael Johnson the person doing day to day?
- 02:04:09 Want daily podcasts from Worlds? Save 50% on LetsRun.com Supporters Club 1st year https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe use code GOAT50
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe Use code GOAT50 to save 50% for the 1st year.
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/006cf841-20d9-450a-8022-569da4364b9c