Kipyegon WR, Niels Laros (Guest), Jakob and Girma Go for WR, Tuohy Chasing History, Hocker is Back
Niels Laros is barely 18 yet he has run 1:46, 3:38 and 13:23 and is a pro runner for Nike. The teen phenom joins us at 81:20 to talk about his amazing career and start in the sport.
Faith Kipyegon got her world record and became the first woman to go sub 3:50 for 1500, Mo Katir got the big 5000 PR as 3 Americans ran sub 12:57, but Luis Grijalva was faster than them all.
Jakob Ingebrigtsen is going for the 2-mile world record on Friday in Paris and Lamecha Girma is going for the steeplechase world record as Sydney McLaughlin-Lavrone makes her 2023 debut vs Marileidy Paulino.
19-year-old Addy WIley has arrived, Katelyn Tuohy goes for history at NCAAs and Cole Hocker is back.
Want to know what happens in Paris and NCAAs? Join the Supporters Club today for 50% off using code GOAT50. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe?from=public
Get a VPN to protect your internet traffic and never miss a sporting event because you have the wrong IP address. NordVPN is the VPN of LetsRun.com and has a Moneyback guarantee. https://www.letsrun.com/vpn
- Show notes: 0:00 NordVPN - The VPN of LetsRun
- 00:38 Intro
- 06:13 Faith Kipyegon breaks 1500m WR, first woman under 3:50 - takes on Letsenbet Gidey at 5000 this Friday
- 15:43 Kipyegon vs El Guerrouj
- 17:49 The first person under 3:50 in the mile was...
- 22:02 Men's 5000- 3 Americans < 12:57
- 27:54 Katir responds online to doping accusations
- 36:45 Jakob and Girma going for 2 mile and steeplechase world records in Paris
- 44:58 Sydney vs Paulino in 400
- 51:06 Addy Wiley 4:03 1500m as a 19-year old American
- 59:13 Cole Hocker is back!
- 01:02:23 Katelyn Tuohy going for most NCAA titles in a school year / 1500/ 5000 double
- 01:12:22 Men's steeple is loaded
- 01:16:09 Women's 800 - Michaela Rose ready to go 1:57?
- 01:21:20 Niels Laros Guest - 1:46, 3:38 and 13:23 and he's barely 18
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/00a716d5-cb2c-4a73-b20e-9fc781d411cc
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.