Loaded Boston Marathon, The Olympic Quadruple, More Kenyan Doping Positives and Pro Signings
Action got underway indoors and especially in cross country but the biggest news of the week was Kenyan doping busts, a loaded Boston Women's Marathon field being announced, and the revealing of the Paris Olympics schedule.
Will Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone try and quadruple? Could Jakob Ingebrigtsen really try the triple?
The big action this week is the Houston full and half marathons where the American records in the half could fall. Want to hear us break it down? You'll have to be a Supporters Club member as it will be on our Friday "15" subscribers only podcast. Supporters Club members are the hardest core running fans on the planet. They get a 2nd podcast every week, all the exclusive Letsrun content, a free LetsRun shirt (if they sign up for a year) and savings on running shoes. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Are you a sports fan? Do you not want people snooping on your internet traffic? Start your New Year's off by getting a VPN and be sure to use the VPN we at LetsRun use. Try NordVPN today. Go here for a 30 day trial. https://www.letsrun.com/vpn
- Show notes:
- 08:08 2023 Boston Marathon women's field is impressive. Deepest and fastest ever in Boston.
- 26:28 Paris Olympic schedule is out. Who can double? Who can triple or quadruple?
- 36:44 Will Jakob try the 10k/ 1500/ 5k triple?
- 47:29 More Kenyan doping suspensions including Michael Saruni, NCAA 800m indoor record holder, and Alice Aprot
- 01:07:44 Indoor/XC action - Jake Wightman gets beat in 3k by 2:12 marathoner
- 01:13:39 Hobbs Kessler 2:20 1000m
- 01:14:28 Cross action - Geoffrey Kamworor impresses
- 01:17:55 Signings- Stephanie Bruze pulls a Tom Brady and unretires
- 01:22:09 Natosha Rogers to Puma
- 01:25:04 David Ribich Joines Union Athletic Club
- 01:30:16 Noah Kibet the future at 800?
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week (the Friday 15 - which is usually much more than 15 minutes), savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/029733b9-b772-4902-a4c1-0bdb8153aa34
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.