Emily Sisson (Guest) American Record! Qs on Dibaba, Simpson, Huddle, Centro and Kessler
Emily Sisson ran 66:52 in Houston to break her own American record and become the first American woman under the 67 minute barrier in the half-marathon and she joins us at 77:25 to talk about her record breaking run, her great 2022, and her plans for 2023 and beyond.
Prior to that we break down all things Houston, including the return of Tirunesh Dibaba, a crazy finish with Weslee Kiptoo in the men's race (link here) and debate what the future holds for Molly Huddle and Jenny Simpson.
We then turn to the track action and the return of Matthew Centrowitz and another win for Hobbs Kessler before discussing Marc Scott's plan to go train with Eliud Kipchoge and Patrick Sang.
Looking to jumpstart your 2023? TheRunnerBox.com is what you need. (Photo here). You get over $50 of hand-picked running goods delivered to your door every other month for as little as $29. Use code LETSRUN22 or this special link to save $10.
- Show notes:
- 01:42 Start
- 09:02 Emily Sisson 66:52 American Record in Houston
- 15:00 Tirunesh Dibaba 71:35
- 23:22 Molly Huddle a step in right direction
- 24:23 Jenny Simpson 70:35
- 30:01 Crazy Men's finish with Leul Gebresilase Aleme outkicking Wesley Kiptoo. Link here. Should it be a DQ?
- 37:40 Conner Mantz, King Ches
- 41:47 Teshome Mekonen 2:11 3rd
- 47:19 Hitomi Niiya Just Misses Japanese Record
- 53:49 Track action - Matthew Centrowitz 2:22 1000m
- 55:34 Who has a better shot to make US team - Hobbs Kessler or Centro?
- 59:02 Stanford men impress
- 01:02:42 Roisin Willis, Juliette Whittaker debuts, Shamier Little impressive 600, Britton Wilson Collegiate record
- 01:03:58 Marc Scott joins NN Running, wants to train with Kipchoge and Patrick Sang (link)
- 01:14:54 US Cross Country this weekend
- 01:17:25 Emily Sisson Guest - After Her American Record in Houston
- 01:28:00 How did she celebrate?
- 01:29:28 Choosing an overseas spring Marathon, $, the Olympic course
- 01:34:46 Her 2 big goals
- 01:35:44 Kids and affect on women's careers
- 01:39:07 The crazy depth in the marathon
- 01:43:16 The rest of her 2023
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week (the Friday 15 - which is usually much more than 15 minutes), savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Find out more at http://podcast.letsrun.com
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/6a70ec9a-b28b-4650-9636-fa1ccdaa26c8
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.