Move over Kipchoge: Kiptum 2:00:35 WR, Hassan 2:13, Should Teare Leave Bowerman?
2023 Chicago Marathon Recap Podcast
Kelvin Kiptum ](https://www.letsrun.com/news/2023/10/kelvin-kiptum-runs-20035-to-smash-world-record-at-2023-chicago-marathon/)[ran 2:00:35 at the Chicago Marathon to smash Eliud Kipchoge's world record and become the first man under 2:01:00 in the marathon.
Sifan Hassan ran 2:13:44, 47 days after Worlds on the track, to move to #2 all-time.
Conner Mantz and Clatyon Young got the Olympic standard for the American men as Galen Rupp came up short on the fastest day of American marathoning since Dick Beardsley and Alberto Salazar.
Emily Sisson led the US women as Emma Bates faltered, but Molly Seidel impressed. Sara Vaughn did well at age 37, but was Gabriella Rooker the most impressive of everyone?
We break down everything Chicago before turning to whether Cooper Teare should leave the Bowerman Track Club.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
- Show notes:
- 00:00 BetterRunningshoes.com
- 03:25 Which was crazier Kiptum's world record or Hassan's 2:13?
- 13:42 How long will this record last? Brady vs Mahomes
- 18:28 How can we explain this run?
- 18:54 Kiptum's amazing training
- 32:45 Sub 2 soon?
- 37:53 American men- Conner Mantz and Clayton Young
- 46:58 US Women - Emily Sisson leads US women, Seidel surprises
- 58:25 Gabriela Rucker's cool story
- 01:07:28 Kipchoge vs Kiptum who wins? Will they race before Olympics
- 01:13:10 Will Cooper Teare go to Bowerman?
- 01:23:04 Could nutrition explain Kiptum?
Contact us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 1-844-LETSRUN podcast voicemail/text line.
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.