Bekele Doesn't Bomb, London Is This Weekend, and A Guy Who Sat Next to Molly Seidel on a Plane
39 year-old Kenenisa Bekele finished the Berlin marathon, but only in 3rd place, what does it mean for his future? A loaded London Marathon is this weekend, we start to take a look at the fields.
We end by talking talk to a guy @63:14 (NCAA steeplechaser Zach Litoff (@litoffstudios) who sat next to Molly Seidel on her first flight back in the United States after winning her historic bronze medal at the Olympics. He recounts his cool experience, but doesn't get Rojo's $5,000 for being this guy.
Plus a little running ethics, men racing women, and have a tweet of the week from Deena Kastor. Show notes below.
Want a 2nd podcast every week? - Join the LetsRun.com Supporters Club and take your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Right now you can save 20% on running shoes, so the subscription can pay for itself. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
- Show notes: 4:42 Berlin Marathon: Bekele 3rd, Guye Adola, Gotytom Gebreslase win
- 12:02 Bekele's future
- 19:31 London Marathon mini preview
- 34:27 Fair or foul?:3rd placer sees leaders runs off course, says nothing and wins $3000 at Quad Cities Marathon
- NCAA coaching legend (and Reebok TC coach) Chris Fox doing the exact opposite when Wejo ran off course in a race in the 1999
- 43:58 Steve Prefontaine NCAA XC bib sells for $26,734
- 45:57 Marine Corps Marathon /NXN Cancelled. Will a high school team nationals emerge?
- 53:18 Fair our Foul? Men racing elite women at end of races?
- 62:37 Tweet of the Week from Deena Kastor
- 63:14 Zach Litoff @litoffstudios on his crazy cool story of sitting next to Molly Seidel on her flight back from the Olympics
Offers: Last chance to save 10% on AirWaav Performance Mouth Piece (Ad) The AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece is a relatively new training tool that launched late in 2020 after nearly 16 years of research. The AIRWAAV performance mouthpiece fits along your bottom teeth and pushes your jaw just forward enough to create the “optimal airway opening,” resulting in:
- Increased endurance — by reducing respiratory rate by 20%, resulting in less lactic acid production
- Increased strength — by improving muscular endurance
- Faster recovery times — by reducing cortisol build-up by up to 50%
Go to https://airwaav.com/LR10 and use code LR10 to save 10%
Get Electrolytes without the junk: DrinkLMNT special offer: Get a free sample pack of DrinkLMNT with 6 different flavors for only $5 shipping. Wejo will personally refund your $5 if you don't like this stuff. DrinkLMNT is electrolytes without the junk. No sugar, no artificial flavors, yet it tastes great. DrinkLMNT.com/letsrun
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/77c3754a-fe87-4a04-8d47-46569e658674