Tokyo Olympics Track and Field Preview Podcast
The Olympics are here and we preview the action. Show notes below.
Play in the $200,021 Tokyo Running Warehouse Prediction Contest. Get your picks in by 8:00 pm eastern on Thursday.
(Sponsor) The AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece is a relatively new training tool that launched late in 2020 after nearly 16 years of research. The AIRWAAV performance mouthpiece fits along your bottom teeth and pushes your jaw just forward enough to create the “optimal airway opening,” resulting in:
- Increased endurance — by reducing respiratory rate by 20%, resulting in less lactic acid production
- Increased strength — by improving muscular endurance
- Faster recovery times — by reducing cortisol build-up by up to 50%
LetsRun listeners can save 10% with the code "LR10" Dig into the science and put AIRWAAV to the test. Click here to try it out.
- Show notes:
- 1:29 Boots on the ground
- 7:07 Centro 3:49 Mile Good/bad/necessary?
- 12:57 Men's 1500 Preview: Josh Kerr gold medal threat?
- 24:20 Men's 100/200 Preview
- 27:55 Women's 100/200
- 32:10 Women's 400: Miller-Uibo double?
- 37:09 Simone Biles - is running mental or physical?
- 42:43 Alberto Salazar banned for life by Safe Sport / Private eye tails him and Galen Rupp
- 49:28 Men's 400 preview
- 56:23 400 Hurdles
- 59:24 Women's 800
- Which Americans are most likely to medal? How many distance medals will America get?
- 69:36 Sifan Hassan three golds or 0 golds?
- 74:35 Men's 10,000m Final: Passing the torch
- 78:17 Dathan Ritzenhein OAC update / private coaches in Tokyo
- 84:20 Social Media Update from Intern Karl: Josh Kerr audio on Centro mile
- 88:43 Noah Lyles update
- 92:01 Michael Johnson on Shaunae Miller-Uibo
94:33 Olympic roomates: Cole Hocker and Mason Ferlic
We want your feedback. Rate us on itunes and spread the word with one friend. There is a reason we're the #1 Olympic running podcast. Email email@example.com or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 to leave a private voicemail.
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/843b8491-b5ea-44a1-b6ef-d4ec91075fb1