USAs Day 1: Kincaid, Cranny FTW, Fisher, Teare Go Home Devastated, Sha'Carri 10.71 (Preview for non SC members)
What a Day 1 at USAs. We break it all down starting with the men's 10,000m where Woody Kincaid got the dominant win and Grant Fisher didn't make the team.
Then we turn to Elise Cranny smoking Alicia Monson the final 300 of the 10k before turning to the prelims and the big men's 1500 where Cooper Teare did not make the final but Matthew Centrowitz did.
Insights from Jonathan Gault in Eugene, plus 100m talk and Sha'Carri Richardson's 10.71.
(This is a Supporters Club podcast but we give our talk on the men's 10,000m to everyone. To hear the rest of the podcast and get daily podcasts from Worlds join the SC today. Use code CLUB25 to save 25% https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe?from=public)
- Show notes: 00:00 Start
- 02:13 Men's 10k: Woody Kincaid Wins, Grant Fisher goes home devastated
- 10:18 Women's 10,000- Elise Cranny smokes Alicia Monson the final 300
- 14:31 Men's 1500- Nuguse Masterpiece, Cooper Teare goes home devastated
- 31:09 Is Nuguse vulnerable?
- 35:24 Men's 800: Brandon Miller struggles
- 37:13 Women's 800: Nia Akins looked great
- 39:40 Jonathan Gault joins for his thoughts from Eugene
- 47:53 Women's 1500 - Athing Mu makes final but will she run?
- 52:45 Men's 100
- 54:16 Steeplechase- Frerichs falls but gets in on time
- 57:37 Sha'Carri 10.71
- 01:05:57 Attendance
Want a 2nd podcast every week? And savings on running shoes? Join our Supporters Club today and get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week (the Friday 15 - which is usually much more than 15 minutes), savings on running shoes, and a lot more. Cancel at anytime. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/86a64413-43af-4086-9c9d-8a36014a1355