Why We Loved Euros, Keira D'Amato Is Going to Berlin, & Chris Derrick Retires
On this week’s podcast, we talk about the 2022 European Champs, why track is more popular in Europe than the US, the 2022 Falmouth Road Race, Keira D’Amato’s American record attempt in Berlin, Chris Derrick’s retirement, Chris Derrick's views on the Shelby Houlihan case and more. Along the way, we talk about Wejo racing in the 2003 Pan Am Games and Rojo apologizes to Marcell Jacobs.
- Time Stamps
- 0-16 Intro and Euro Talk
- 16:52 - What do we want to see from Jakob Ingebrigtsen the rest of the year.
- 23:30 Jonathan says Femke Bol is his athlete of the week and we contrast her with Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone
- 26:00 - Di you know Euros got amazing tv ratings?
- 32:30 Rojo apologizes to Marcell Jacobs and raves about him
- 39:20 - Falmouth Road Race/Keira D'Amato wants the American record. Why is she going for it in Berlin and not Chicago?
- 55:30 Chris Derrick has retired.
- 68:00 We get you ready for Lausanne DL
- 74:54 Our dreams become reality segment. Meet Zerei Mezngi.
- 79:30 - Are the new Worlds standards too tough?
Contact us: Email email@example.com or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 for the secret podcast voicemail.
Join our Supporters Club and take your running fandom to the highest level. Get all the LetsRun.com content, a second podcast every week, savings on running shoes, and a lot more. https://www.letsrun.com/subscribe
Check out the LetsRun.com store. https://shop.letsrun.com/ We've got the softest running shirts in the business.
Thanks for listening. Please rate us on itunes and spread the word with a friend. There is a reason we're the #1 podcast dedicated to Olympic level running.
Send us your feedback online: https://pinecast.com/feedback/letsrun/c4e34d4c-5dcd-4996-a76a-d1e79295676b